Few weeks ago I created a poll on Youtube to ask the community what the next video topic should be and received many answers – thank you! Out of the 4 I suggested, 5 things I wish I new before I started my career in marketing was the winner and so the decision was made.
Marketing Career – Know These When You’re Starting Out
There’s definitely many things I wish I knew, but I have narrowed down to the top 5 (plus a bonus) things I wish I knew before I started my career in marketing.
Here’s a teaser to the points I talk about in this video:
- Network, meet as many people as you can
- Choose a speciality and make it your profession
- You are a brand – act like one
- Be very proactive, digitally active and curious
- Take online courses and gain new skills
- BONUS – Don’t let NO’s ruin your day
This video will be helpful if you’re starting out your career in marketing or transitioning into marketing.
PS. I’m also quite sure these points can be generalized for a career in any field, so go ahead and watch even if you’re in a different field.